Cigna Dental Savings is not insurance. It is an affordable, easy-to-use and hassle-free solution for anyone looking for dental care savings. Compared to traditional dental insurance, Cigna Dental Savings offers advantages that include.
- No claim forms to fill out: simply present your membership card at a participating dentist office for discounts on most dental services
- No waiting periods or pre-existing condition limitations: you get access to discounts on the first day of your membership. You also don’t have to wait for comprehensive dental treatments.
- No copays, coinsurance, or deductibles: you pay one upfront annual fee
- No age limits: the program is available to everyone - from newborns to seniors. You must be at least 18 years old to purchase a program, but there are no age restrictions on program benefits.
- No calendar year maximums: you can enjoy discounts on most dental care services all year long
- No frequency limitations: there are no restrictions on how many times you have a procedure performed.
- No referrals needed for specialty care: simply find a specialist in our network to schedule an appointment
- Includes dental specialties: get discounts on basic dental and on cosmetic dentistry and orthodontics
- Each savings program includes a different package of additional discounted services that work for you – whether you’re an individual, family or senior. Review the programs below to learn which option is best for your needs.
- Dental Savings: a low cost, solution for those who want a no-frills dental discount only solution. Also includes Identity Protection management services.
- Cigna Dental Savings for Families: ideal for families or those with active lifestyles. Along with dental discounts, it also includes discounts on prescription drugs, fitness, roadside assistance, amusement parks, and more,
- Cigna Dental Savings for Seniors: this program offers the most additional health and wellness benefits, such as discounts on prescriptions, diabetic supplies, will preparation, vitamins and more
Cigna Dental Savings customer service representatives can be reached at 1.800.240.2035, Monday through Friday, from 8:30 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. EST.
Yes. Your Cigna Dental Savings ID card lets the office know that you are a Cigna Dental Savings participant and should receive services at the pre-determined, discounted fee. If you don’t present your ID card at the dental office, you will not be eligible for discounted rates, even though you are enrolled in the program.
Discounts are offered on all routine dental services including: exams, X-rays, cleanings, crowns, fillings and dentures. Discounts are also available for specialized dental services such as orthodontics, endodontics, periodontics, prosthodontics, oral surgery, and cosmetic dentistry. If you have any questions about the services covered, please contact one of our customer service representatives at 1.800.240.2035, Monday through Friday, from 8:30 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. EST.
You can log in to the Member Login page with the email address and password entered during the membership sign-up process to access your membership information online. You can view and print your welcome letter, ID card and invoice. You can also request to have your ID card sent to you in the mail.
You need your Cigna Dental Savings ID card to receive access to your discounts. You have two options to get a replacement ID card:
- Call Customer Service at 1.800.240.2035 Monday through Friday, from 8:30 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. EST, to get a replacement ID card. You will not be able to receive any discounted services until you receive your replacement card.
- Log in to the Member Login page with the email address and password entered during the membership process. Once logged in, you will be able to view and print a replacement ID card.
With Cigna Dental Savings, you can typically start using the card within three business days of registering. However, timing does depend on certain factors such as how the payment was made. If you are using only the dental portion of Cigna Dental Savings, it can be utilized on the day of activation. Just show the participating dental provider your Cigna Dental Savings ID Card and they will charge you at the discounted rate. If you have any questions about whether or not you are an active Cigna Dental Savings customer, please call Customer Service at 1.800.240.2035, Monday through Friday, from 8:30 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. EST.
You must be at least 18 years old to purchase Cigna Dental Savings. If you purchase a family plan, you can have children up to 26 years old as dependents on the Cigna Dental Savings program.
The full annual membership fee for Cigna Dental Savings must be paid at the time of purchase. That fee ensures that you have access to discounts throughout the year. We do NOT charge any fees above and beyond the annual membership fee. Our goal is to offer quality products at an affordable price.
We do not accept the membership fee by U.S. Postal Mail, but we will accept payment by credit card, debit card, or electronic check. To use any of these options, visit the Enroll Now page to begin the enrollment process or call Customer Service at 1.800.240.2035, Monday through Friday, from 8:30 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. EST.
Please go to
Signing up is easy. Simply visit the Enroll Now page to enroll online and begin saving on dental services through Cigna Dental Savings.
The cost of the Cigna Dental Savings card depends on which one of the three plans works best for you. Dental Savings starts at $96 annually for an individual. There are other options such as the Family Savings and Senior Savings programs, available at both individual and family membership levels. All of these factors will have an impact on the cost. You can view the various program and cost options on the Enroll Now page.
Please contact us at 1.800.240.2035, Monday through Friday, from 8:30 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. EST. A Customer Service Representative will be happy to update your information over the telephone.
Customer Service Questions
Cigna Dental Savings will not coordinate benefits with a traditional dental insurance plan or another dental discount card. Please consult with a participating dentist or dental care specialist before beginning treatment.
No, you cannot use two programs in the same office at the same time. The savings offered by two discount plans cannot be coordinated.
No, you cannot. The dentist is under no obligation to provide you with discounts on services that were provided to you before you became a Cigna Dental Savings customer.
We recommend that you consult with your dental provider about the dental services you are about to receive. If there are questions about discounts or estimates, please call Customer Service at 1.800.240.2035, Monday through Friday, from 8:30 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. EST.
Cigna Dental Savings automatically renews after one year. We will send you a renewal notice at the time of renewal.
- If you paid by credit card or debit card, we charge your card based on the current program and payment method. You don't have to do a thing.
- If you paid by check, we'll mail you a bill for the upcoming year.
- If you prefer to cancel, please call us at 1.800.240.2035, Monday through Friday, from 8:30 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. EST before your renewal date.
Prior to the end of your Cigna Dental Savings contract, we’ll give you the opportunity to automatically renew your coverage for the following year, so you’ll have continuous coverage.
Cigna Dental Savings annual membership fees are fully refundable within 30 days upon receipt of your application. After 30 days, you are entitled to a prorated refund based on how much time is left on your membership. All refund requests need to be made by calling us at 1.800.240.2035, Monday through Friday, from 8:30 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. EST.
That depends on what type of membership you choose. If you choose a Single membership, you're the only one who can use the card for discounts. If you purchase a Family membership, your spouse or partner and covered dependents up to age 17 can get access to the discounts.
Yes, you can switch programs. Please call us at 1.800.240.2035, Monday through Friday, from 8:30 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. EST and we will update your account. The change will become active in about three business days.
You can use the Cigna Dental Savings program as many times as you like. As long as your ID card is valid, there are no limits on how often you (and your family) use Cigna Dental Savings.
No dental history or information is needed. There are no copays, deductibles, waiting periods or claims either. Cigna Dental Savings is not insurance. It is a discount program.
Visit the Find a Dentist page to search for a participating Cigna Dental Savings dentist.
- Enter your ZIP code
- To search for a specific Type of Dentist, you can select from the drop-down menu
- To search for a specific dentist by name, enter the dentist’s last name
- To search for a dentist near your ZIP code area, adjust the Maximum Miles Away to your desired distance
- Click the Search button
If your current dentist is in the Cigna Dental Savings network, you simply need to show your ID card to start saving money. If your dentist is not in our network, you can search for a participating dentist by visiting the Find a Dentist page. Or you can call Customer Service at 1.800.240.2035, Monday through Friday, from 8:30 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. EST to choose another dentist. There are more than 87,000* participating dentists throughout the U.S., so you can easily find participating dentists in your area. Referrals are not necessary in order to see a participating specialist.
Cigna Dental Savings customers will not receive any discounts on dental care when visiting an out-of-network dentist. Customers need to see a participating Cigna Dental Savings dentist to receive discounts.
With your Cigna Dental Savings membership, you can see participating general dentists, as well as specialists in our network of more than 87,000 qualified, participating dental providers. You do not need a referral to visit a specialist. Simply select a specialist from the nationwide network and schedule an appointment for dental treatment. You will need to present your ID card to the dental office at the time of service so you can receive the discounts. You can visit any participating dentist or specialist at any time.
No, you are not assigned to a dentist. You can choose any dentist or specialist in our network of more than 87,000 qualified, participating dental providers. When calling to schedule an appointment, be sure to verify that the dentist participates in the program. Visit the Find a Dentist page to find a participating dentist or call 1.800.240.2035, Monday through Friday, from 8:30 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. EST. A customer service representative will assist you with locating a participating network dentist.
The Cigna Dental Savings uses a nationwide network of dentists. If you are on vacation or away from home, you can still participate in the program. Please check the provider directory to find a participating dentist. Be sure to verify the dentist participates in the program prior to scheduling an appointment and bring your ID card to the dental office at the time of service.
Please call our customer service representatives at 1.800.240.2035, Monday through Friday, from 8:30 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. EST for information about the discounted fee at a participating network dentist’s office. Discounts may vary by ZIP code and by dental office.
The amount dentists charge for their services varies by the area (ZIP code) where they are located, as well as the dental office itself. Please call us at 1.800.240.2035, Monday through Friday, from 8:30 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. EST to compare discounted fees at participating dentist offices.
Discounts are offered on orthodontic services if received through one of our participating providers. Please call Customer Service at 1.800.240.2035, Monday through Friday, from 8:30 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. EST for information about the discounted fees for orthodontic services.
Discounts are offered on cosmetic dentistry, including teeth whitening, veneers and other treatments. Please call us at 1.800.240.2035 for more details.
No, claim forms are not needed. The Cigna Dental Savings program is not insurance, so there are no claim forms to file. You do need to present your ID card at the network dentist's office to receive the discount. You are then responsible for paying the dental office the reduced fee at the time of service.
Each savings program – Cigna Dental Savings, Cigna Dental Savings for Families, and Cigna Dental Savings for Seniors – includes additional discounts on services. The services vary between programs. You can view a complete list of additional services by visiting the About Our Programs page and reviewing the additional benefits associated with each program. You can also call us at 1.800.240.2035, Monday through Friday, from 8:30 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. EST for more information.
We recommend that you mention the Cigna Dental Savings program when you make an appointment or use any of the discounts services. This way, you can be sure you're using a participating provider — one who accepts the Cigna Dental Savings card.
Yes, you should show your card and pay at the time of service.
Please ask the dental office staff to call us at 1.800.240.2035, Monday through Friday, from 8:30 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. EST. A customer service representative will be happy to provide any information you need to verify that you are a Cigna Dental Savings member.
You'll know when you receive services from a participating dentist based on the billed charges. You pay the negotiated discount at the time of service. In most cases, the discount will be an average of 37 percent** off the cost of the dental service. If you have any questions or concerns about receiving a discount, please call us at 1.800.240.2035, Monday through Friday, from 8:30 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. EST. They will help you determine what the discounted amount should be.