The following terms and conditions apply to the Cigna Dental Savings program:
The Cigna Dental Savings program is offered by Cigna Health and Life Insurance Company with network management and administration services provided by Cigna Dental Health, Inc. The following information is presented to help you get the most from your membership in the Cigna Dental Savings program and to provide you with the Terms and Conditions of participation.
This is not insurance.
- The Cigna Dental Savings Program is NOT Insurance.
- The program provides discounts at certain dentists for dental care.
- The program does not make payments directly to the dentists for dental services.
- The plan member is obligated to pay for all dental care services, but will receive a discount for eligible services received from participating dentists.
- For questions or inquiries, contact: Cigna Dental Savings, 8100 SW 10th Street, Suite 2000, Plantation, FL 33324. Telephone: 1-800-240-2035
Program Terms and Conditions
- Membership fees in the Cigna Dental Savings program are valid for a 12-month period from the effective date of member enrollment, unless Cigna Dental's liability related to offering the program is altered by any state or federal law or regulation. Membership will automatically renew at the then current membership fee unless and until the member provides written notice or calls the telephone number on the ID card to indicate his or her desire to cancel membership.
- The Cigna Dental Savings program is NOT insurance and is not protected by any state Life and Health Guaranty Association.
- Cigna Dental Savings program is a discount dental program. Members are responsible for paying all applicable fees and charges directly to the dentist at the time of visit. Membership in the program entitles members to discounts for certain dental services offered by dentists who have agreed to participate in the discount program.
- The Cigna Dental Savings program does not provide or guarantee the provision of any dental care or service and Cigna Dental shall not be liable for the payment of any fees or charges for dental care or services to members, participating dentists or otherwise. Members are responsible for any and all payments to participating dentists.
- The amount of discount will vary among participating dentists and those procedures not included on the negotiated fee schedule may not be subject to a discount.
- The discounts available under the Cigna Dental Savings program may not be used in conjunction with any other discount dental program or insurance program.
- In order to have access to the discounts available under the Cigna Dental Savings program, you must be enrolled in and deemed an eligible member of the program at the time the underlying dental service or product is actually received, and must present the Cigna Dental Savings ID card to the participating dental office prior to receiving treatment.
- The Cigna Dental Savings program may not be available in all states or locations and Cigna reserves the right to cancel or discontinue offering the program in its entirety or in specific states or locations. For status on the available network please visit www.cignadentalsavings.com or call 1-800-240-2035.The program does not, and may not by law in certain states, include discounts on hospital services.
- Cigna Dental reserves the right to terminate a member's participation in the program immediately in the event the member misuses the program ID card to provide unauthorized access to the program or the member's conduct is determined to be detrimental to a participating dentist office and/or staff.
- This program has a 30-day cancellation policy. If, for any reason, within the first 30 days of initial enrollment, a member is not satisfied with the Cigna Dental Savings program, he/she may cancel the membership by providing written notice or calling the telephone number on the ID card and returning the ID cards to the address indicated on the card. A full refund will be issued. There are no penalties or cancellation fees.
- If a change to the membership category from individual to family status or from family to individual status is necessary, a cancellation of the membership and reenroll for a new 12-month term is required.
- The network of contracted dentists participating in the Cigna Dental Savings program is subject to change and members are responsible for verifying that a specific dentist is participating in the program immediately prior to receiving each and every service.
- Although all participating dentists go through a credentialing process to assure that they are appropriately licensed and qualified, Cigna Dental does not guarantee and is not responsible for the quality of any services or products purchased by members. Participating dentists are independent contractors and are not employees or agents of Cigna Dental and Cigna Dental is not liable for any claims arising from or as a result of any services provided by participating dentist to members.
- Cigna Dental may delegate responsibility to perform any of its obligations to administrators as it deems necessary. Cigna Dental maintains responsibility for actions administrators perform on its behalf. Administrators are independent contractors and they shall not be deemed for any purpose to be employees, partners or joint ventures with Cigna Dental.
- Cigna Dental has a process for resolving complaints related to the Cigna Dental Savings program. Members can submit complaints either by calling member services at 1-800-240-2035 or by sending written correspondence to Cigna Dental Savings, 8100 SW 10th Street, Suite 2000, Plantation, FL 33324.
- Binding arbitration shall be the exclusive remedy for the settlement of disputes arising under this agreement. Note: In Florida, arbitration is voluntary. The arbitration proceeding shall be governed by the Rules of the American Arbitration Association, then in effect and the decision of the arbitrator shall be final, conclusive and binding. No action at law or in equity may be instituted by either party, other than to enforce the award of the arbitrator.
- The provisions of the Welcome letter/ID Card, Enrollment Form, and Product Brochure are incorporated into the program Terms and Conditions of your Membership Agreement.
Dental plans are insured by Cigna Health and Life Insurance Company with network management services provided by Cigna Dental Health, Inc. Dental insurance policies and discount programs have exclusions, limitations, reduction of benefits and terms under which policies and discount programs may be continued in force or discontinued.
For costs, and additional details about dental coverage, contact Cigna Health and Life Insurance Company at 900 Cottage Grove Rd, Hartford, CT 06152 or for additional details about Cigna Dental Savings Program call 1‑800‑240‑2035 or send written correspondence to Cigna Dental Savings, 8100 SW 10th Street, Suite 2000, Plantation, FL 33324.
This website is not intended for residents of New Mexico.